The safety of people on all PBS sites is the top priority for us. We are committed to our structured Workplace Health & Safety procedures and we are continually striving to comply with the Ministry of Labour’s workplace regulations of safety.
As a matter of policy the company recognizes that health and safety risks are inherent in any project it undertakes and has implemented a pragmatic, people-focussed, company-wide approach to ensure a zero harm working environment and the fundamental belief that work related injuries and illnesses are preventable.
Site-specific safety plans and systems are developed for each project and released to all stakeholders.
Included in the plan are:
- Site induction procedures;
- Site safety requirements and toolbox meetings;
- Requirements and procedures for inspection and testing of equipment;
- Hazard identification and hazard control procedures;
- Evacuation plans;
- Site safety audit procedures;
- Accident investigation and reporting procedures; and
- Subcontractor safety management.
We maintain a full time Health & Safety Manager, who oversees the entire spectrum of health and safety related issues distributed across the company.